Ever wondered if praying actually accomplishes anything? I hope to encourage you by showing you some of the many answers to prayer that we have seen since inviting people like yourself to pray with us. In our newsletter we share our prayer requests and here are some of the specific answers to prayer we have seen!
– “Safety, wisdom, flexibility, and finances for our trip to Cameroon Africa in 2012.” The trip went well, all the money came in and we felt ready to move forward in going into missions.
– “Wisdom and humility in stepping out of the youth ministry in our home church as we prepare to move to Ohio.” The ministry is still going on and is turned over to very capable hands.
– “Continued growth in our marriage.” Sara and I are closer than ever.
– “Opportunities to speak in churches about the missions work.” I’ve been able to speak in over 30 churches in the last 2 years, many of them several times! This is a rare thing in America’s current church culture.
– “Future teammates for the mission field.” This has been our biggest prayer request and we’ve mentioned in every prayer letter. Paul and Ellen Swenson are in the same training we are now! We are still praying about a third family. It’s likely that we won’t find that teammate until we get to the field.
– “People and churches to commit to pray and give regularly.” Many people have committed to praying regularly, over 40 are on our flash prayer team (ask me about it if you don’t know about it and would be interested), and we have the money we need to do the schooling!
– “Good health for Sara and baby and a safe delivery.” Both are healthy and well and a relatively smooth delivery!
– “Safety in traveling throughout the midwest.” We have traveled well over 15,000 miles with our little baby just on long trips, not including regular commutes. We are accident free and have a safe van to drive.
– “Fruitful ministry in Fremont, Ohio.” We spent a year in Ohio before coming to the Missionary Training Center and we’re blessed to make many strong connections and speak into people’s lives (thank you Fremont folks for that opportunity!).
– “Good adjustment to having a kiddo.” We can’t imagine not having her! We love her to pieces and are looking forward to #2 in November!
– “God to give wisdom to the Swensons as they consider joining us.” As I mentioned, they are on their way!
– “People to be influenced into missions.” Ben and Amber Baye are already in Papua New Guinea, the Swenson’s are on their way and another good friend of ours is getting things ready to start heading to the field. Others have talked about missions and will hopefully start taking steps that way soon!
Ben and Amber Baye in language study in Papua New Guinea
– “Ashea to start sleeping through the night.” It took 6 months, and now I appreciate a complete night’s sleep like I never have!
I hope you are as encouraged as I am by looking at how God has answered all these prayers over the years! Prayer is still a mystery to me at times, but this much I know, my papa God hears my prayers and knows what’s best! Thanks sooooo much to those who labor with us in faithfully praying. Prayer does accomplish things!
“Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.” Corrie Ten Boom
“The man who mobilizes the Christian church to pray will make the greatest contribution to world evangelization in history.” Andrew Murray
“Faith in a prayer-hearing God will make a prayer-loving Christian.” Andrew Murray
“Talking to men for God is a great thing, but talking to God for men is greater still.”E.M. Bounds
“This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.” I John 5:14
Please continue to prayer for the Swensons at the Canadian Missionary Training Center and for their financial needs to be met. Please also pray about what country to move to and work in. We hope to decide that in the next couple of months
(click HERE to see a summary of who we are and what we are doing)