June 20th, 2003, at a Christian camp in North Carolina: that was the day I (Craig) made a choice that has shaped every other major decision in my life. I made a commitment to follow God’s leading and go to the mission field. Fast forward almost 12 years Sara and I are sitting in our little 12’x12’ bedroom in Missouri on a Skype call with men in Arizona, Canada, and 3 locations in Vermont A we make another choice, this time as a family. We are moving to Papua New Guinea to serve as tribal church planters!
What that means is, Lord willing, we will be raising funds and moving to Papua New Guinea (also known as PNG) in a 1 – 1 1½ years. Once there, we will begin the process of learning an unwritten language to bring the Gospel where it has never been!
PNG has over 860 different languages, hundreds of them still without the Gospel or the Bible! I spent 2 months in PNG in 2009 and saw first hand the need for God’s children to bring the Gospel to people who have never heard it. In fact, dozens of tribes in PNG are asking, right now, for missionaries to come to them, but there just aren’t enough missionaries to go. Will you pray about going?
Answers to Prayer!
– In spite of being born a little premature and struggling his first month with us he is a happy, healthy 6 month old! He is gaining weight and doing all the things babies should be doing :)
– We’ve decided on a country! Thanks for praying!
– The linguistics training I (Craig) have been in is going great! I have learned a lot about languages and identity in Christ!
– We have a lot to get done in this last month of school. Pray for us to finish well.
– Ashea has lived almost her entire life here in Missouri (what a blessing! ) but starting this summer we will begin a lifestyle of moving several times a year for at least the next 3 years. Pray for stability as a family in a lifestyle with very little stability. We want to see both her and Solomon thrive, not just survive.
– For the Lord to begin increasing the monthly donations we are receiving. The Lord has used you to provide what we’ve needed during our time of training (thanks and praise the Lord!) but the support goal for PNG will be higher.
Love, Craig & Sara
The answer to the “linguistics problem” in the last post! (don’t look if you want to figure it out!)
(click HERE to go to a gallery of the pictures below)
(click HERE to see a summary of who we are and what we are doing)