The last time you heard from us we were halfway through our time in the Cherokee Nation practicing figuring out a language as if it had never been written or learned by an outsider. Since then, we’ve finished up the Cherokee language project and with the 160 pages of papers I turned in I have completed 11 years of part-time and full-time education since high school, praise the Lord!
After finishing the final project we began packing up our little apartment we’ve been living in the last 2 years and prepared for a whole new kind of housing adventure; RV living!
A good friend of mine was had the chance to buy the RV from a doctor who wanted to help him on his support raising journey. The doctor said he’d sell it for whatever my friend offered. So at literally 1/15th of what the doctor paid 3 years before, my friend bought a house to travel the country in and raise support with his family. After he bought it, he called me offered me the same deal when he was done with it! Having some mechanical experience and a CDL sure has been handy :)
Since leaving Missouri in the RV we traveled up to Indiana where we have begun visiting churches and saying goodbye to friends and family.
As a change of plans we will be going up to Vermont to enjoy Christmas with Sara’s family and mine who will be up there for a close family friend’s memorial service. While we are there we figured we might as well stay and have the baby in Vermont.
Speaking of baby, things are going great with the new one. Sara is due in mid January and the baby is very active! Ashea was 1 week early and Solomon was 3 weeks early, so we wouldn’t be surprised if we have a December baby.
p.s. If you want to see one cute baby chowing down on his first birthday cake, click HERE!
Praise the Lord with us!
- After many years, we are finished with our training and we are enroute to Papua New Guinea!
- Ashea loves living in the RV!
- The new baby seems to be doing well!
- The Swenson’s would finish well in the training in Canada this December and would be ready to start support raising
- Our family to walk with God and love each other well in the middle of constant transitions
- The Swenson’s and us would be able to raise 100% of the recommended support.
- God would raise up a 3rd unit (single or family) to work with us.
Click HERE to go to photo gallery if reading in email
(click HERE to see a summary of who we are and what we are doing)